Points to remember:
1) Units that are vacated are offered to individuals on the transfer list based on: the date of the request, the type of unit desired, and the date desired to transfer. If a resident rejects a transfer offer they are placed at the end of the list.
2) Residents need to have lived at CSCC for twelve months before they are eligible to transfer.
3) The transfer fee is equal to $450. At eighteen months of residency the transfer fee is reduced to $350. After twenty-four months of residency the fee is reduced to $250 which is the minimum amount.
4) The security deposit that CSCC already holds from the tenant is increased to the amount required from others moving into a unit of that type.
5) A vacate notice is required from the resident for the unit that is being vacated. This notice must be given to the CSCC office at least 60 days in advance of the transfer.
6) The resident transferring will be paying rent on two apartments for at least one day, and longer if there is an overlap of more than one day in transferring.
7) Once you have accepted a different unit, your current unit will be inspected by maintenance shortly afterwards for any structural damage. You are also required to schedule an appointment with maintenance to do a final move out inspection of your old unit on your last day in that unit.